Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hockey Voice Offers In-Depth Look at Men's Olympic Team

Stevens meets with janitor and other delegates at Saskatoon announcement
Hockey Insider Joe Stevens

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - The Hockey Voice sent hockey insider Joe Stevens to Saskatoon to check out the unveiling of the 2010 Men's Olympic team. Stevens said he was "astounded" by the interest there in the Bonny River Ratz and secondly, the 2010 Men's Canadian Olympic team.

"Of course, they all knew me and Taylor already, having been big readers of the Hockey Voice and fans of the Ratz. I was wearing sunglasses around, trying to stay out of the spotlight and let the Olympic team have the stage but it's hard when you're playing for the Ratz. After they got the roster all announced, and I started hollering about there not being any Habs on the team, I was whisked away from the microphones for some reason," said Stevens in a telephone interview late Wednesday.

" I was yelling about where Hal Gill was and then found out later that he was an American. I did go up and apologize for that one though. I figured Carey Price, Ryan O'Byrne, Mike Cammalerri, Max Pachoretti, Matt D'Agostini, Maxim Lapierre and other household names would be on the roster, but it seems Yzerman has a bit of a prejudice against the Canadiens. I never got a chance to talk to him about the roster. It appears he was more interested in being on TSN and stuff. I did talk to a guy sweeping the floors and he agreed with me. We pounded back a 40 of rum after that. All in all, it was a good trip and I'm just happy the Hockey Voice had the confidence in me to do a good job. Some twisted!" noted Stevens.


No comments: