Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Walsh and Kingfishers "hope to make a big splash this summer"

Matty Walsh with invitation to make deals recently

Blacks Harbour, NB - Despite 3 championships in 4 years, the Fundy Kingfishers are poised to make more deals this summer and "shuffle the deck," according to acting GM Matty Walsh. "We're looking to land a big fish or two. Probably not a Mark Taylor type player but maybe a tier 2 or tier 3 guy. Then again, it wouldn't be outlandish for me to throw in a bunch of junk we got laying around along with some other incentives to land Taylor. I think Joe Stevens has my number on speed dial or he used to. The phones have been ringing already and I expect that to continue," noted Walsh as he sat down for an exclusive Hockey Voice interview.

One name that isn't being mentioned is Matty Walsh's. "No, I'm not on the block and you know why? Because I'm not giving them knuckleheads the power to make deals. I haven't been that twisted in a long time," added Walsh.

No comments: