Monday, February 14, 2011

Ratz playoff picture clears up

Milltown Moose take on Bonny River Ratz in 1st Round
Just in time for Valentine's Day

This Sunday night at 7:40 p.m. at the Fundy Arena, the 4th place Milltown Moose will roll in for Game 1 of the 2011 FIHL playoffs versus the 5th place Bonny River Ratz. The Ratz had some goaltender availability issues and the teams agreed to play game 1 in the Harbour and move Game 2 to St. Andrews on Thursday, Feb. 24 at 8:30. Game 3 if necessary will be played in St. Andrews as well.

The Ratz beat the Moose way back on the first game of the season October 24 by a score of 6-2. Since then, the Moose have taken the other three games by scores of 8-1, 8-0 and 6-3.

Meanwhile, the Ratz announced a one game tryout for Eric Levesque who will appear in net for the Fur Backs Tuesday night versus the Blacks Harbour Timberwolves. Levesque remarked it was probably the best Valentine's day present he could have asked for.

"I kept looking out the window to see if there were cameras around as I really thought I was being Punk'd. I was so excited that when Taylor asked me if wanted to play for the BIG CLUB, I couldn't even think of what he was talking about. I'm pumped about this one. If I never play another game, my career will be complete," noted Levesque in a telephone interview.



No comments: