Monday, January 16, 2012

Kingfishers "afraid" about Tuesday's game against the Ratz

Dugas: "I'm slamming the door Tuesday Night"
Mark Taylor points out Andrew Dugas' name

Blacks Harbour, NB - Tuesday's game between the Bonny River Ratz and the Fundy Kingfishers is a homecoming of sorts for FIHL journeyman goalie Andrew Dugas. Dugas will be suiting with his old team in hopes of shutting down the Kingfishers who are being distanced by his Blacks Harbour Timberwolves in the standings. The Timberwolves have lost but one game all year and are atop the standings with 38 points. The Kingfishers are second with 28 points and the surging Ratz have 23 points so it's a big game and a big deal.

Dugas broke into the FIHL with the Ratz after playing many seasons of Bonny River Hard Puck. Dugas said he was happy to get the invitation from the Ratz. "Just as soon as I saw the e-mail, it was not even a second and I was in 100 %. I am slamming the door Tuesday night. It will help the Timberwolves and the Ratz at the same time and they're still pretty special to me. They have me given my chance to play and let me tell ya, I appreciate it," noted a very content Dugas.   

Nick Nozzillio, Jamie Harris and Chris Hoffman share some shits 'n giggles

Meanwhile, Kingfishers GM Matty Walsh is busy preparing for Tuesday's game. A notably nervous Walsh said, "I am afraid of what might happen Tuesday night against the Ratz. I tell ya, there had better not be any boys sitting home licking their nuts or painting their toenails as this is getting serious. No decision has been made on the goalie for the game even though the Ratz have made their announcement. Taylor is slumping and that concerns me too. It means he's probably just a tip or slapper away from filling the net. We will have two or three guys on him at all times."

The Charlotte County Bears take on the NBCC Whalers at 9:10 on Tuesday. Sparks flew in an earlier meeting so anything's possible.


No comments: