Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Smith cut from Kingfishers, services no longer needed

Former Ratz Star cut from Kingfishers
Shane Smith told to "hit the road"

Blacks Harbour, NB - Shane Smith's attempt at a comeback has been cut short by the knife of the Fundy Kingfishers. Smith had come home from Alberta during the holiday season in hopes of landing a job with the Fundy Kingfishers and was unceremoniously cut by the team yesterday. Smith's departure was announced by Team GM Matty Walsh yesterday.

"Although Smith's time with our club was full of adventure, we feel that we are headed in another direction as a team. It's unfortunate that he could not deliver the style of play we needed. We wish all the best in his comeback," noted Walsh.

Smith was surprised by the notice and offered, "If Matty Walsh or any of that crew knew anything about hockey and I don't think they do, I'd still be on the first line. I was the 2001 Ratz Rookie of the Year and beat Walsh out that year in case he forgot. Now he's telling me I've seen better days? I could make a phone to Joe Stevens right now and be on the next plane to Pennfield Airport and playing for the Ratz tonight. I could be sipping a nice big drink of Smirnoff and Tang crystals down the Bay in no time. Matty Walsh can take that team and shove it where the sun don't shine."

No comments: