Monday, December 26, 2011

Buchanan nominated for FIHL Humanitarian Award

Buchanan help homeless people on the streets of Boston
Ratz star Jim Buchanan and some of his charity work

Bonny River, NB - At a hastily called press conference over the weekend, FIHL representative Matty Walsh announced one of the 2011 FIHL Humanitarian Award nominees, Jim Buchanan. Walsh said, "Buchanan is being recognized as one of  the pioneers for his charitable deeds. As Buchanan along with sidekicks Joe Stevens and Mark Taylor weaved their way through the streets of Boston, Buchanan took time out of his busy schedule to help the homeless. He's definitely a humanitarian in my books."

Buchanan, when reached by phone later, expressed "shock and disbelief." Buchanan added, " I always preach to everybody to have a cold beer and forget about it and that was the basis for my generous act. Even though he was wearing a Bruins hat, I put aside my differences and helped the poor guy out. I didn't really think I'd be recognized for this, but it's truly an honour. We had to make a bit of a hasty exit after the deed as the police pulled in and I didn't want to create a big fuss over a little bit of charity."

No comments: