Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stevens "Taylor is not on the trading block"

Ratz spend to the cap "finally"
Team Captain Joe Stevens shows off team's cash during recent meeting

Bonny River, NB - Now that the Bonny River Ratz have turned things around, the stories of Mark Taylor being moved have gone away. Joe Stevens said he felt the heat during the 2-5-1 star more than anybody. "I had fans coming to me right on the street saying they were disappointed with the team and I took that personally. I didn't want to even talk about moving Taylor but guys like Matty Walsh kept calling me wanting to make a deal but I'm glad I didn't now. I went to the owners and told them we needed help and they wanted to see what my plans were and I laid it all out there.We juggled some things around and brought in Jim O'Halloran and it has changed our fortunes. The D has been solid and our goaltending has been stellar. Any time you start talking about a deal that involves guys like Mark Taylor, you know things must be bad. Then again, Wayne Gretzky was traded so anybody is available on this squad. The boys should be aware of that if they're not already." 

No comments: