Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Picture of Buchanan opens up an investigation

Jack MacNeil

Bonny River, NB - An investigation is under way regarding a Hockey Voice photo of Jim Buchanan with a dead bear. Local Forest Ranger Jack MacNeil says he's consulting with his "people" on whether it is even legal to bait a bear with root beer. MacNeil said, "I heard Buchanan used root beer to bait that bear. Of course, we'd like to meet and talk it over. We are also looking at when the bear was shot and have sought an injunction under the Right to Know Shit Act to determine when the animal was shot and the picture was taken. I think everybody had better chill out; this is a legal matter and I play hockey with Jim, so it's pretty sensitive stuff."
Meanwhile, exiled and former Hockey Voice employee Jim Buchanan said he welcomes the investigation. "Sure, I'd like to get this out in the open. The Hockey Voice likes to print pictures of people and make fun of them and now it looks like I might be doing hard time over this latest one. I'm not saying I'm guilty of anything illegal, you just never know about judges and stuff," noted Buchanan.

No comments: