Monday, October 18, 2010

Stevens: "Taylor is over-achieving AGAIN!"

Mark Taylor holds his Hat Trick pucks

Blacks Harbour, NB - It may have been pre-season but the air carried a tinge of playoff atmosphere as the Bonny River Ratz took on rivals Fundy Kingfishers. Kingfishers GM Matty Walsh came out with "the best possible team" Sunday night. Walsh said, "The next time I'm doing this, I'm not telling anybody who we are playing. As soon as I said it was the Ratz, the excuses came out like you wouldn't believe. One guy told me his dog was pregnant. I had to bite my lip to ask if he was the father. This is some frustrating. I now the Ratz are good, but we are the league champs and need to behave like it."

Meanwhile, Ratz legend Mark Taylor piled up the goals against a very lacklustre Kingfishers squad. Team captain Joe Stevens noted, "Taylor had a big night, 3 goals and 5 assists, but that's just another day at the office for him. Just to put this in perspective, the last time anybody had an 8 point game was when Mario Lemieux did it April 25, 1989. Before the game, he filled up the water bottles. A guy with 877 (now 880) filling up water bottles? Marinate on that one, boys. Filling water bottles and filling the the net. Looks like he's headed for one of them years and that can't be good for the goalies of this league."

No comments: