Monday, April 4, 2011

Ratz start the re-loading process

Buchanan gets 7 year deal

Jim Buchanan gives thumbs up on his deal Joe Stevens as he leaves Buchanan meeting at Ratz headquarters
Bonny River, NB - Many hockey insiders and FIHL management types have criticized the moves by the Bonny River Ratz as being "outlandish" and "unwarranted," and the latest is no exception. It was announced today that Ratz star Jim Buchanan had inked a 7 year deal with the FIHL team. Buchanan, who is coming off a career season, that saw him many nights skating on the BIG Line with Mark Taylor and Joe Stevens, was all smiles leaving the office today.


"Well boys, you either have it or ya don't. People like Matty Walsh always yapping about the Ratz deals is getting a little old. Obviously, the Ratz see something they don't. I know a lot of my points are the direct result of being on the line with Taylor; that ain't a crime boys. Piss on it." noted Buchanan as he drove away in the team limousine.


The remarks Buchanan spoke of was Kingfishers GM Matty Walsh's, who opon hearing of the Buchanan deal, said, "7 Years? Really? How in hell am I supposed to compete in that market? I don't know what I'm doing 7 minutes from now. They signed Taylor to a 10 year deal and that one I can understand, but this one has me baffled."


Joe Stevens was brief in his discussions, but did manage, "I don't want to get into how we decided on 7 years. That's a personal issue between Buchanan and the team. We will re-vist this thing in 7 years time and that's all I'm saying. If you have questions about hockey, let's talk. If it's about bullshit, I really have to go."


More announcements are expected in the upcoming weeks as the Ratz re-load the roster for 2011-2012.



No comments: