Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Walsh rips Borthwick, Borthwick rips Walsh

Kingfishers point fingers after diappointing loss
Jared Borthwick (R) and Kingfishers president Betty Lou Thelma Liz

Blacks Harbour, NB -The Fundy Kingfishers fell 7-5 to the NBCC Whalers Tuesday night and team GM Matty Walsh has placed the blame solely on the shoulders of newly hired Head Coach Jared Borthwick. “I was against the hiring of Borthwick from the start, more so the timing than just him. You don’t hire coaches going into a playoff run but it happened. This guy seemed happier than a butcher’s dog, but I don’t think he could count his balls twice and get the same number,” noted a very frustrated Walsh.

Borthwick said that “if Matty Walsh wants to be the man, he has to beat the man.” He added, “I am relatively new here but have been around the Blacks Harbour hockey scene all my life. I know my stuff. I also know bullshit when I see it. Bullshit is like butter and it doesn’t do you any good until you spread it around. We have too much in one place and I’m not saying where it is. You draw your own conclusions,” noted Borthwick.

Game 3 goes Sunday night. It is not known if Borthwick will be behind the bench when the puck drops.

No comments: