Thursday, October 22, 2009

Richardson: "I never knew what playing the Ratz was like"

Walsh Carries Richardson to Car After Game Against the Ratz

Matty Walsh (F) helps Chris Richardson to his car Sunday night

Blacks Harbour, NB - As if Chris Richardson had never seen Mark Taylor or the Bonny River Ratz play before, he seemed surprised after the game on Sunday. Richardson left the Ratz amid a controversy on contract talks and suited up against them for the first time. Richardson noted, "I never expected that. I guess you don't know all the moves and stuff when you're playing with those guys. I could hardly walk and needed help to get to my car."

Team GM Matty Walsh was sympathetic to Richardson's plight. He said, "Now he knows what I go through when I play those guys. I tip toed around all night thinking Taylor was going to lay a big bomb on me. We managed to keep him off the sheet, but we know that ain't happening much and we have to be prepared for it."


No comments: