Friday, October 9, 2009

Richardson Signs 1 Year Deal with Kingfishers

Richardson Pisses Away Hockey Career
Former Ratz Bench Warmer Chris Richardson

Bonny River, NB - The news about disgruntled player Chris Richardson signing a one year deal with the Fundy Kingfishers was received with surprise at Ratz headquarters Friday morning. Team captain Joe Stevens said, "We wish Richardson all the best with his new team. As I have noted in the past, it is amazing what junk people will pick up when you throw stuff away. This has joke written all over it. Just when I thought Walsh had scraped the barrel dry, he comes up with something like this."

Meanwhile, Richardson was philosophical in his summation of the deal. He noted, "It’s disappointing to be let go by the Ratz but the pressure to perform was too much to handle. Playing with legends like Taylor, Stevens and Moffitt have helped me improve my game but not enough to stick with the big club. My role was with the Ratz for 2009-2010 would have been one of carrying water bottles and stuff. It has been a valuable experience but I am looking forward to suiting up for the Kingfishers in the 2009-2010 season."


No comments: