Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Chambers Claims Top Prize at World Air Guitar Competition

Carl Chambers at World Championships Recently
Bonny River, NB - Carl Chambers arrived back home a hero's welcome recently. Chambers nabbed top prize at the World Air Guitar Championships in Las Vegas. Chambers' rendition of Sweet Home Alabama got him into the final while Takin' Care of Business propelled him to the top in the finals. Chambers had to edge out fellow Bonny River resident Johnny Borthwick whose version of I Shot the Sheriff was also a crowd favourite.

Chambers noted at the well-attended reception, "I owe a lot to Taylor for spinning a lot of good stuff in the Ratz dressing room all year. Also, I practise probably 10-15 hours a week. Playing air guitar is not something you just do. It is all in the mind and you have to focus. I must say I'm at my best after a few beer when I'm really relaxed and can really rock the joint."

No comments: