Friday, March 5, 2010

Trade deadline reaction from two great hockey minds

Chris Richardson
Geoff Cunningham

The Two Wise Men weigh on the Leafs moves


Geoff Cunningham and Chris Richardson, long viewed by the Hockey Voice as men of great hockey knowledge and general wisdom have both come out applauding the Leafs latest roster moves.

Cunningham has been a long history of being a Leafs supporter said, “It’s a sad day when guys like Lee Stempniak and Joey MacDonald are sent packing. I’ve always maintained these two guys were the future of the team or at least a very large piece of the puzzle. Jamal Mayers was another guy in my mind that was an untouchable. When big name guys like these get moved, I just shake my head.”

Richardson echoed Cunny’s sentiments by noting, “Burke has moved about a quarter of what I felt was a solid squad. I hope they have a lot of scrub brushes in Toronto to polish up the turds they got in the trades. Dion Phaneuf has seen better days. Giguere will be okay if they use beach balls in the NHL. My hero Pierre McGuire said the other night on TSN that it will take 5 years to rebuild this team and I think he’s being generous. I think the Habs made some solid moves and look poised to be raising another Cup this year. You have no idea how that makes me feel to say that.”




No comments: