Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Joe from T.O. (Smalltown boy, Big City lights)

Joe Walsh from T.O. (Back)
Hi there, I'm Joe from T.O. It must be spring. The Leafs are putting on a push to slide into 11th or 12th place in the NHL east standings. The Jays are building a squad to fight for third in the American League East and the Raptors are blowing more leads than Joan Collins. This is life in the Big Smoke.

I flopped on the couch Sunday afternoon and Mark Taylor and Joe Stevens were on the TV talking about the BIG Show. Now that got my tears flowing. I was on the list of hopefuls for the BIG Show this year, had been demoted to the taxi squad and then cut loose. Stevens said the team couldn't afford to fly me in for the weekend like they had done in the past. He said if we had been successful, he may have been able to justify bringing me again. In any case, it was really bizarre to see the boys on TV in Toronto. Everybody at work was talking about it the next day. My boss let me go home early as he knew it was bothering me. I haven't felt that bad since Matty hung my old friend Fluffy the Cat.

I hope to get home for the 2010 Golden Partridge Awards and until then, so long from Joe in T.O!

No comments: