Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stevens: "Deal or talks to get Walsh never happened!"

Matty Walsh in Ratz cap and uniform

Bonny River, NB - A supposed deal that Jamie Harris claims was almost signed "never happened" according to Ratz captain Joe Stevens. A confidential Kingfishers memo was leaked to the Hockey Voice and had Matty Walsh, Chris Hoffman, Eric Jean and Chris Richardson all going to the Ratz in exchange for Mark Taylor and a Lee Settlement treestand.

Stevens denied the deal ever was discussed. "I like to have a few drinks as much as the next guy, but I haven't had that much to drink since I was a teenager," noted Stevens. "Taylor has 8 years left on his 10 year deal and is the highest scoring player this area has produced and I'd trade him for that junk? I don't think so," added Stevens.

No comments: