Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Murray signs 4 game tryout deal with Ratz

Kevin Murray just before inking deal with Ratz

Bonny River, NB - Long time Ratz veteran defenseman Kevin Murray signed a 4 game tryout deal with the team early Wednesday morning. The terms were not disclosed, but Ratz captain Joe Stevens said that the deal "would keep the Ratz under the salary cap and under budget for the BIG Show." He added, "Signing Kevin Murray is like pissing in the snow. You notice it right away; but you never know just how much damage it does until later. Murray will definitely do some damage. He's been away from the game all year and we feel he can still contribute. He knows the BIG Show and how grueling it can be and will pace himself accordingly ."

Murray met with reporters briefly, and added, "I'm excited about getting the chance to get back in the game again. I never said good-bye, I just said take 'er easy boys. I know the BIG Show is a great place for me to show that I can still play a high level. I will not let Stevens and the boys down."


No comments: