Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cooke Released by Ratz

Ratz: "We Wish Cooke All the Best"
Former Ratz Star Forward Darryl Cooke Meets with Reporters

Bonny River, NB - Despite rumours to the contrary, Darryl Cooke was given his unconditional release by the Bonny River Ratz late Tuesday. Cooke, known for loud booming shot, will suit up for the St. George XXX this season. Cooke said, "This was a hard one. I thought we could get a deal done but it didn't happen. I knew I wasn't gonna be on the Big Line with Taylor and Stevens, but I thought I was in the mix somewhere. They are going in a different direction and now I am as well."

Ratz Captain Joe Stevens wasn't all that talkative, but did say, "We wish Cooke all the best. There is no ill will toward him and clockwise as well. Taylor spoke with him over the phone and everything is cool. How come the media makes so much of these things? He wanted out, we wanted to go younger, what's the problem?"

No comments: