Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Elder Walsh Brother Sounds Off at Ratz

Walsh: "I Ain't Disrespecting Taylor!"
Joe Walsh speaks with reporters in Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Amidst the glare of media cameras, former Ratz prospect Joe Walsh sounded off at Ratz management at an early morning skate in Toronto. He noted, "They asked me to play with them in Quispamsis last spring which I did. They told me there would always be a spot open if I wanted. Taylor said he'd fly me to the games by Tera Dactyl Airlines or some foolish thing and I said no problem. Now I read in the Hockey Voice they pretty well have their roster set and my name is nowhere to be seen. I ain't disrespecting Taylor, but Stevens and the rest of them have really put it to me. I mean, I got treestands and stuff to build and I can't be screwed around by those idiots. You know the old saying, Smoke pot or take a shit, make up your mind, man. "

Walsh is the older brother of Kingfisher GM Matty Walsh and has been skating in Ontario with Tony's Pizza and Pest Control in the GTA Hatchet Hockey League and has 4 goals and 3 assists with 99 penalty minutes in 5 games this year.

No comment was offered by the Ratz organization citing that Walsh was no longer a member of the Ratz and wasn't due any comments. They respect Walsh's right to make statements but felt that it would be "counterproductive" to offer a rebuttal.


No comments: