Monday, October 6, 2008

Pudge Shows up at Ball Tourney with other Celebrities

Pudge Helps Out When He Can
Lepreau Pirates Star Ryan "Pudge" Lee
Blacks Harbour, NB - The Blacks Harbour Junior Silver Kings held a co-ed softball tournament on the weekend and it appears to be the place to be if you are into star watching. The defending FIHL shot blocker Pudge Lee was on hand. Team GM Geoff Cunningham said he was "stunned" and "pleasantly surprised" to see this caliber of player show up. Cunningham added, "Here's a guy who has the spotlight shone on him already and really has nothing to gain by coming out. He was just one of the guys and that's what I like about Pudge. Never mind the sheer athletic ability of this guy and the great shape he was in. He doesn't appear to be one of these guys that sits around swilling beer in the off season. Look at him and you can tell that."
In a rare interview, Pudge said, "Hey, I help out when I can and where I can. If I beleive in the cause, I'm there. I try to give back to the comminity whenever possible. If Cunny needs me, he knows I'm there for him."

No comments: