Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Borthwick Addresses Press

Borthwick Expresses "Disappointment" with Walsh's Decision
Former Kingfishers #1 Draft Pick Jared Borthwick
St. George, NB - The mood was solemn as highly touted Jared Borthwick stepped up to the mike to address the press late Tuesday. Borthwick was to be a part of a re-building process by the Fundy Kingfishers for the 2008-2009 FIHL season. A teary-eyed Borthwick said, "I am disappointed with Matty Walsh's decision. On the other hand, I fully understand that the FIHL is a business and I got caught up in a business decision and do not take it personally. I was really looking forward to stepping onto the same ice that hockey legends and my heroes Joe Stevens and Mark Taylor were skating on. To say I'm devastated would be an understatement." Borthwick was quickly whisked away by his people into a waiting four wheel drive.
Walsh, who was visibly absent from the press conference, could not be reached for comment.

No comments: