Monday, December 29, 2008

Matty Walsh Accepts Hockey Voice Post

Walsh Named Chief Statitician and Director of Photography

Walsh leaving The Hockey Voice Headquarters on Monday

Bonny River, NB - Matty Walsh felt that "it was just a matter of time" before he too would be joining the staff at the Hockey Voice. Walsh said, "When my brother Joe got hired, he said he was going to put in a good word for me and here I am. I'm both excited and nervous to be placed in this position. It's a great honour to be working together with the great people that are already on staff. You know, this league is taking off big time. It has more visibility than any other league in this neck of the woods and has more controversy and human interest stories than the Bigs. I'm pumped for sure."

All financial compensation is strictly confidential but Walsh said, "I was told I was getting the same dough as the rest and I'm happy with that. When you're with the Hockey Voice, it's not about the money anyway."

No comments: