Monday, December 22, 2008

McFarlane Carries Ratz on his Back

McFarlane's Eight Point Night Sinks PiratesMcFarlane Reflects on Big Night
Blacks Harbour, NB - Jason McFarlane's five goals and 3 assists were enough to lift the Bonny River Ratz to a 14-5 victory over the Lepreau Pirates. Over-shadowed by McFarlane's stats was Eric Lee's hat trick. Jim Buchanan and Mark Johnson each netted a pair while team leading point-getter Greg Justason got a single and Mark Taylor potted one as well. The Ratz received some solid goal-tending from Nick Ganong who braved the nasty weather to gain the W. Ganong noted, "I wanted to even up my Ratz record and was hell-bent on getting to Blacks Harbour to do just that. I accomplished my mission."

McFarlane met with reporters after the game. He said, "Everything fell into place tonight. Our line was clicking, the bounces were coming our way, and I'm just happy we got the win. The big thing now is to prepare for the Kingfishers Tuesday night. I want to say I ain't singing it, I'm bringing it and Walsh and the boys had better be ready."

The eight points moves McFarlane into second place in Ratz scoring, one point behind Greg Justason who has 20 points. The interesting part is McFarlane has done it with just playing six games.

No comments: