Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gould Takes on Coaching Job with Seahawks

Exclusive: Gould Sits Down with Hockey Voice

Seahawks Head Coach Mike Gould

HV: Mike, I understand you turned down a tryout for the Bonny River Ratz early in the season. What caused you to do that?

MG: I looked at it at the time the roster they had was like the who's who of Industrial Hockey on the world. They had Taylor and Stevens of course and so many others that to be honest with you, I felt intimidated by them. Those guys are in tip top shape, real athletes, know what I mean? I am more used to going to the rink and having a few cool ones and felt that it would be best if I stated away. They are my hockey heroes and I'd probably just stand around with my jaw wide open.

HV: What sort of deal did they offer you?

MG: Well, this is a bit strange but they offered me exclusive rights to a treestand in Lee Settlement for all of deer season. They also offered me 50 dozen beer bottles, a moose roast and a 10 lbs. of moose steak.

HV: And you turned it down?

MG: Well, you see, I figured if I took it and somebody chopped down the treestand or burned it, I'd be screwed. Certainly the rest of the deal was tempting. They said they'd make sure it was fresh whenever I needed it, no frozen meat at all.

HV: What are your plans for the coaching gig?

MG: I'd like to see some Ratz style hockey if possible and I'm looking to Ratz Star Andrew Moffitt to bring that into the fold. They play the dump and dump style instead of dump and chase and that's something of interest as well. I will be talking to the goalies about Mark Taylor's caterpillar style of goaltending that he developed. I don't think we have any 800 goal scorers on the team, so that will make it hard. Hey, I know The Hockey Voice is a big deal and I'm not going to sit here and tell you all my secrets or plans. Guys like Matty Walsh would just love to go and blab it all over the place and it ain't happening. This is over man.

No comments: