Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Hockey Voice Receives Prestigious Nomination

The Hockey Voice Nominated for Golden Partridge AwardHockey Voice Editor Mark Taylor Receives Word of Nomination

Bonny River, NB - The news of a prestigious award nomination is something that can inspire a staff and Wednesday morning's meeting was full of inspiration. Word that The Hockey Voice had been nominated for a Golden partidge Award shot through the little hamlet in a flash. The publication was nominated in the Best Sports Publication category. The Golden Partridge is given out to the Charlotte County media for excellence in reporting.
Geoff Cunningham Overcome with Emotion

Meanwhile, Hockey Voice Psychic Geoff Cunningham was so taken back by the nomination, he broke down. He managed, "I'm so frigging happy for everybody here. We've worked so hard to make this work. When Taylor hired me, he said he would do everything to help me do my job and he has. I gotta go, man."

Hockey Voice Entertainment Critic Joe Walsh



TO, Baby, To - Joe Walsh said that when he heard the news, he put on his Ratz jersey. He noted, "I knew this could happen, but didn't know if it would. We're up against the Legion Sports section in the Courier, so we'll have our work cut out for us."


VP of Operations Chris Richardson


Pilltown, NB - Chris Richardson was leaving for a meeting but did say, "I looked at the number of hits that the Voice has been receiving and knew something positive would have to happen. There's people up in this area that don't have 300 hits, so I think you know what I'm trying to say."


Matty Walsh Talks to Delegates in the Media Industry

Blacks Harbour, NB - Matty Walsh was in a meeting with media delegates but came out and spoke to the press briefly. He noted, "Look, I'm not surprised by the nomination. Beating the Legion Sports section of the Courier will be tough but I know Taylor and he is a competitor. His TV show took on TV Bingo and did really well in the ratings, so I'm not too concerned about this. The staff is all abuzz and we're planning a big party."





No comments: