Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hockey Voice and Reporting

Editor Addresses Issue One More Time
Even though I may be the guy that writes most of the stuff in this blog, I don't consider it to be MY blog. This is a nice way to report on our league and have a little fun at the same time. The recent incident was one that I felt needed to be reported on sooner than later. Nobody wants to read about things a week after the fact. I intentionally left out all opinions and tried to stay with what facts were being presented at the time. I would do the same if it were the Ratz, Kingfishers, or whoever. I don't pick favourites here. I had a long talk with Scott last night and we never really even discussed the matter. I know he would like to be able to turn back the clock and do things differently. I don't think he has any ill feelings toward anybody as that is not his style and nor should he for that matter. I'm sure he will be out digging and hustling the next game like nothing happened.

Our officials need our support and are the backbone to this league. They are vital to the survival of it. Even though I have never officiated a hockey game, I have done so with baseball, softball and basketball. These were in similar situations where I had friends who were playing. The way the games are played with all the speed it is pretty tough to intentionally put the screws to a player on purpose. All calls are made in split seconds with no time to think beforehand. I tip my hat to anybody who gives their time to do this and although there is money involved, some nights it must not be worth it.

This has been dragged around a lot and I'm not adding any fuel to the fire. It is closed and I would bet 100 dozen beer bottles we will never be discussing any more negative incidents with Scott Matheson again.

In closing, I do want to say that I appreciate the posting that somebody did on this blog. Everybody has an opinion and I respect that. I encourage anybody to do so at any time.

Whether you agree or disagree, you can have your say and I will not take that away.

No comments: